As it appears, the new iPhone's industrial design will depart from the tapered look of the two iPhone iterations that it will supercede. The seamless, curved, tapered surfaces that made iPhone 3G and 3GS look undeniably svelte will be replaced with a more boxy, industrial, utilitarian form factor that hints that of the iMac, Mac Mini and the iPad.
What's new with iPhone 4G aside from how it looks?
Last month, we reported that the 4th generation iPhone will be dubbed iPhone HD -- pointing to the fact that it will have a high-resolution screen. Well, I'm glad to report that that detail is pretty accurate -- if Gizmodo's initial disclosure of iPhone 4G specifications is to be believed.
Here's What's New and What's Changed in iPhone 4G (vs. iPhone 3GS) according to Gizmodo (via source link):
• Front-facing camera for video chat• Improved regular back-camera (with larger lens) with Camera flash• Supports Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)• Improved display - It's unclear if it's the 960x460 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.• What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack• Split buttons for volume• Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic
• The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or ceramic or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through. Tapping on the back makes a more hollow and higher pitched sound compared to tapping on the glass on the front/screen, but that could just be the orientation of components inside making for a different sound
• An aluminum border going completely around the outside• Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)• Everything is more squared off• 3 grams heavier• 16% Larger battery• Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery
Apple iPhone 4G Review
After the most popularity of Apple iPhone 3GS, Apple back soon with its new iphone its Apple iPhone 4G. Its really a good looking and a pack of updated features.
It is worth noting that this new iPhone should clearly provide features new and radically different generations of iPhone that it has known so far.
New specifications are as follows:
- Frontal camera.
- The camera lens is clearly superior to the iPhone 3GS.
- The camera equipped with a flash.
- Micro-Sim link of current SIM cards (as in iPad).
- Improvement of iPhone 3GS higher display resolution, 960 x 460 pixels figures are advanced.
- The presence of a second microphone that would negate outside noise communication.
- The volume keys are in two parts in the form of metal buttons.
- The back of the prototype is entirely flat in a matter as glass.
There is no doubt that it is of an iPhone because is recognized by iTunes XCode and profile system but it seems to work on a slightly different system firmware 4.0. In addition, it has a different product from that of the iPhone 3 G and 3GS ID and legal notices located on the rear hull seem correct.
In all likelihood, Apple would have disabled remotely this lost iPhone 4 G prototype. Nevertheless, nevertheless that a large number of changes are visible to the naked eye on this prototype.
Firstly, this iPhone seems lighter than iPhone 3GS with smaller internal components and a larger battery (16% wider). Then, a front camera is indeed this while the camera has a flash and a better lens on iPhone 3GS.
It seems that the screen has a higher resolution on previous iPhone models. Gizmodo indicates the screen indicating connect iPhone to iTunes seems much better quality (perhaps is it a screen resolution of 960 x 460 pixels).
Volume control buttons have been split and are metal. Just as the button for the silencer as well as for the button is turned.
A second microphone is present, presumably for reduced the ambient noise of a telephone call.
The back seems ceramic, as rumours it left open or perhaps glass. Finally, the slot for the SIM also changed because it is suitable for micro-SIM cards like the iPad. In addition, this slot is located on the right side of the smartphone.
The person who found this iPhone before entrusted it to Gizmodo, ensures that it worked under firmware 4.0 before Apple disables it remotely.
Furthermore, this prototype was in a cover as we can find for the iPhone 3 G and 3GS dozens.
Finally, the internal components are hit brand Apple, which is no doubt about its origin.
Price and availability
The Phone 4 is available in black or white since June 24, and will cost $199 and $299 for 16 and 32GB if you are a new user or you are eligible for an upgrade.
If you are an existing iPhone user, the early upgrade will cost you $399 and $499. Without contract, the iPhone 4 is $599 and $699. In India, expected for Rs. 32,000-40,000.